To make sure the green roofs offer nothing but advantages
They can be walked on, as a parking area they can even be driven on, and they put a lot of variety into our lives: Green roofs are more popular than ever and there are many reasons for this.
For example, they retain rainwater, improve the microclimate and create new habitats for insects and other wildlife. But it gets even better – a green roof comes along with optimised thermal insulation and energy savings.
Waterproofing with root penetration protection tested to the guidelines of the Research Institute for Landscape Development and Landscape Building (FLL)
In addition to green roofs, concrete planters also offer the possibility of intensive planting. However, just like green roofs, they have to withstand high loads. It is therefore recommendable to line the entire planter with liquid applied waterproofing material without seams or joints. This is exactly what root-proof KEMPEROL has to offer. It is permanently elastic, adapts to all substrate shapes and waterproofs corners and edges perfectly. And even the integration of drainage pipes is effortless!
Waterproofing systems for the green roof
at a glance
KEMCO LE Flexo Primer
Adhesion promoter for plastic surfaces
Transparent bonding agent for various plastic substrates indoors and outdoors; except for polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP). Acts as an activator for KEMPEROL FALLSTOP in case of work interruptions
KEMPEROL 2K-PUR Waterproofing
Solvent-free and odourless for indoors and outdoors
KEMPEROL 2K-PUR is a solvent-free, 2-component, fleece-reinforced and liquid-applied waterproofing system based on polyurethane resin.
KEMPERGRO Green Roof System Build Up
Product advantages KEMPERGRO
- KEMPERGRO® is ideal for use in extensive sedum roofs providing light-weight drainage and storage for rainwater in both newbuild and refurbishment projects.
- The upper filter fleece supports the growing medium and prevents substrate fines from blocking the reservoir but allows percolation of rainwater.
- The factory bonding of the fleece to the reservoir core prevents sagging of the fleece under the weight of the substrate. This maintains reservoir capacity and prevents blockages.
- The reservoir core holds a predetermined amount of rainwater whilst allowing excess water to pass through percolation holes to the base layer.
- The base felt layer provides physical protection to the waterproofing but also attenuates run-off to regulate flow to outlets and drains during flash floods and storms.
- Suitable for use with solvent-free KEMPEROL® 2K-PUR liquid waterproofing which is sustainably sourced and inherently root resistant (FLL certified).
- The KEMPERGRO® green roof system is compatible with STRATEX, KEMPER SYSTEM's fully specified warm roof system.
Sun Rain Room
A unique swooping roof structure
KEMPER SYSTEM has helped to create an award-winning home extension, featuring a unique swooping roof structure.
A liquid waterproofing solution for Stansted House
The roof of a Grade II Listed Edwardian country house has been repaired thanks to a liquid waterproofing solution from Kemper System.
Museum of Liverpool
KEMPER SYSTEM in display at Museum of Liverpool
Kemper System has helped to refurbish part of a waterfront museum which is one of the largest in the UK. Positioned over the Leeds Liverpool canal...
A lesson in liquid waterproofing
The Government has underlined its commitment to keeping schools
A stunning new fountain at Maften Hall
NEW FOUNTAIN PROJECT FLOWS SMOOTHLY WITH KEMPEROL 2K-PUR
As part of a multi-million-pound refurbishment by Walwick Estate Group, Kemper System has helped to create a stunning new fountain for a luxury hotel...
KEMPER SYSTEM helps self builder go green
A sustainable contemporary home featuring two green roofs has been constructed with the help of Kemper System.
Calvary Charismatic Baptist Church
A Stratex Warm Roof system
A popular East London church has regained its post-war glory thanks to the solvent-free and odourless liquid waterproofing solution from Kemper...
Manitoga Exhibition Center, USA
Refurbished green roofs
Russel Russel Wright (1904 – 1976) was one of the most outstanding designers of the twentieth century and one of the most important figures in...
Kiley Garden, Tampa
A green roof on the car park
Kiley Park is a green roof on top of a car park. Structurally speaking, this quickly caused problems. After only a few years, water was found to be...
Roof gardens in Bamberg
Workshop beneath a green roof
The Rehabilitations Werkstätte (RehaWe) Bamberg, a workshop of the Bamberger-Lebenshilfe-Werkstätten, enables people with a mental illness or...
All quantities and times are approximate and without guarantee. For colour specifications, absolute RAL match can not be guaranteed.